Sunday, January 3, 2010

fab @ 40

fab @ 40? seems to be pretty ambitious project if you ask me, but my friend are so bent on it that even if i tried to bribe them with a gift of their choice for christmas, they shunned the idea in exchange of me giving in to their desires. so here i am, their guinea pig (no pun intended) for the next 4-6 months. they plan to get me real glammed and jaded by my 40th birthday, which will be on july 22nd.

the weigh in started yesterday, 190 pounds! i was 10 pounds away from 200!okay, i have to admit, i did let go of myself for quite a while now. the whole project does thrill me but i know that this is going to be a long journey ... it's a good thing i've got friends who are willing to help.

for starters, we have to cut down on the calorie intake. since i'm not really good in keeping up with the calorie counts, we're going to cut down on the main culprit, beef and pork. this was effective to me back in 1996, where i lost a good amount of weight. this is also an easy task for me since i'm not a meat lover as well, i'm not even that excited about burgers. anyway, just to be sure that i don't go crazy eliminating the meat from my diet, i'm allowed to eat only lean beef and lean pork once a week. the rest should be a mix of veggies, fish and of course my favorite, chicken. i'm also allowed to cheat on my diet once a week, which means i can eat friend chicken, breading, skin and all (wheee!!!).

second task would be physical activities. this is very important since i have a semi-sedentary lifestyle which requires me to sit for more than 9 hours at work. my activities would be a combination of swimming, during Mondays and Thursday, Hip Hop classes on Wednesdays and walking for 2 to 3 miles everyday. this is going to be a challenge for me since i leave the office at 12nn which means i'll be doing these activities in high noon. i'm still thinking of a way to compromise, especially with swimming. i might move my thursday to wednesday morning. but it would also mean i have to do 2 activities in one day (grr!) anyway, this will take effect on the 2nd week of january so i still have a week to work on my game plan. i have to condition my body first through walking exercises.

third task, the food journal. though i'm fond of writing, it's really ironic cause i can't keep up with my food journal, sometimes, i'd forget my journal and worst, i'd sometimes forget what i ate. one of my friends recommended that i write down my emotions i was feeling while i ate the food. haha! that would be kinda redundant since i often end up eating because i'm bored. they says knowing how you feel when you ate a certain food can help you understand your food intake a lot better. guess so ... i got my handy dandy notebook now and although i am writing down everything i ate, i haven't really considered writing down how i felt the time i ate those food.

well, these are the tasks i have to work on for now. i'm sure things will progress in the long run. i may sound as if i'm griping but i'm actually excited of the results. here's to a healthy lifestyle in 2010.