Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Split Decision

Imagine what a split decision could make.2 weeks ago, I was in this very same room moaning and groaning in boredom. I made a quick decision to pack our bags and go home ... and that's what we did.

I settled in my house in Makati, uncertain on what's gonna happen next. My initial plan was to go to Eperf and finalize my exit. My feet brought me to Cubao instead. With no preparations at all, I faced the challenge of applying to the company I said I wouldn't work for. I love the job, it's the location that kept killing me. Thankfully, there was the MRT and what seemed like eternity to get to took me only 30minutes.

A week later, I was training for IP. First week brought too much pressure on me because there were a lot of expectations on someone who's been through the same job.

Last Friday's final assessment was gruesome - couldn't eat, had too much coffee and shivering the entire time. The pressure was at its peak. My mission then was to make it on the first try. Though I was expecting to be sent back for more training (because of my grammar and pronunciation slips), I convinced myself that I am good enough to be accelerated. No, not only good enough, I am one of the best who deserves to be accelerated. With that in mind, I brazened myself to war. Arms flying, talking at the top of my lungs ... being alone in the room helped a lot because I wasn't conscious of what I was going to do. I had a game plan, impress the Canadians - and that I did.

Second week of training now. More to come. PST's more on the technical stuff. Lots of keys to press, lots of protocols to remember ... just had to keep focused for 2 weeks and then i'll be off to the floor and that's when the "like riding a bike" happens.