Monday, January 14, 2008

Why not Greenhills?

It's been more than a year since I've been to Greenhills. The last time was on impulse. I wanted to get a Converse imitation (sorry Converse - loved the shoes but just can't afford the real deal) ... which was back in 2006.
I've got several reasons why I wouldn't go back to Greenhills. First off ... TRAFFIC. I come from Makati and whichever route you take - EDSA/Wilson/San Juan ... traffic is always bad. Second ... the prices. All those oh so pretty displays ... the wide array of products, both imitations and real alike, can really make a shopaholic drool. But along with those wonderful display comes a price, and sometimes a very hefty price. As i looked around, I saw a LeSport Sac bag similar to the one i already have. Of course, the natural instinct was to ask how much it costs, wanting to know if I got a better deal or not. P600.00?!? WOAH! After much haggling, the saleslady told me the lowest she can give was P400.00. Not even close, as I got mine for P200.00.
But what I really hate about the place is the lack of responsibility amongst their security personnel. As we were heading back to Virra Mall, from the row of fastfoods from the back, I noticed that there wasn't anybody to assist the pedestrians while crossing and with the vehicles with no respect to the people crossing, it seemed like the people would have to cross at their own risk. As we were on our way home, we asked one of their uniformed men where we could get a cab. We were pointed to the taxi stand which really didn't have any use at all. We waited at the queue but noticed that other people get a better chance of getting a cab at the corner and with that, most of the cab drivers opted to go straight to that corner instead of going through their "TAXI STAND". To make matters worst, there weren't any uniformed men. I've been so used to the other malls' system, and even hospitals, that when a taxi stand would guarantee you a ride. I guess that's not the case in Greenhills. All I can say is there is no freaking fucking cab and these people whom they called security guards don't even care.
Their security personnel suck. These guys need to be sent to the commercial area a little bit down south and be trained by the security guards there. Those uniforms they're wearing has a purpose. They're not just a piece of clothing you wear to work. They comand respect and promise peace and order in the area. But then, wasn't it in Greenhills when a man got robbed of his belongings from inside his car while it was parked right in front of the parking lot's security post? Well, I wouldn't be surprised.